Subject: Re: [amos-list] Re: TCP commands. (Peter Cahill)
From: Chris Seward <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:58:29 +0000

From: Chris Seward <[email-masked]>

Peter, 

On 17-Aug-99, you wrote:

> But, Ive got a better idea :)
> You could run it through the partyline in #amos!!!
> (its on my new bot "Karma" in #amos)

Why use the party line through IRC, ie eggdrop or type bots who
use partyline when you could basically run a server through
the shell itself?

A shell access is 24 hours so it'd be more simple to run a 24/7
server offa your shell then IRC access is not needed, your
shell could reroute all the data with a permanent server ip.

Taking andrews data, sent to your server on your shell then
your shell sends it off to whoever is playing. You wouldn't
even need to access IRC if you set up a list to beable to be
accessed of who is on.

You'll obviously need to program a Linux program to do this
but it cuts out IRC.

> functional appart from atm, it doesnt let you upload
> files onto it, cos I dont want people to fill my hd
> with files :) 

Not 'your' HD, your HD space, not 'your' personal HD :)

Toodle Pip!
-- 
Chris Seward - Editor, Amiga Information Online
*URL* : http://www.aio.co.uk  /  *Email* : [email-masked]
Join JUST-AMiGA Mailing List www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/just-amiga

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

Create a list for FRIENDS & FAMILY...
...and YOU can WIN $100 to Amazon.com.  For details, go to
Clickme.onelist.com/ad/Teaser113

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html